Search This Blog

Friday, April 22, 2011

Splits

Most of the people who read this blog aren't interested in the splits, so this is for the few who are. This is very good for if you get caught in a single leg and the other person pulls your leg up. This should give you the element of surprise when you don't crumble after your foot goes above your head. Remember to be SUPER careful, as you don't want to cause more harm than good.
1) Be warm first! run in place for a couple minutes to loosen up and get your blood flowing.
2) To loosen up my leg muscles, I like to do lunges (see previous post) and what I call the ballerina. You sit with one foot in front of you and the other tucked under. Lean forward well keeping your back arched.
3) After this, you can try the splits! Simply start in a lunge and slide your front leg forward. Repeat on the other side. For middle splits, stand with your feet shoulder width apart and slide outwards. When you can, bend down and use your hands to hold you up.
4) Stretc EVERY night!!! I cannot stress how important this is! If you don't use it, you will lose it!
5)I have found that if you do left, right, middle, left, right, middle, you will go down lower the second time.
 Be patient!! I am a flexible girl and it took me 3 months of stretching each night to get the left splits, and 5 months to get my right. If you are a guy or are less flexible, it will take you longer. Just stick with it and you will get it. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment